The Supertrees of Gardens by the Bay make up a cutting-edge futuristic garden that brings you the beauty of both technology and nature. While these supertrees offer shade to visitors during the day, the real magic happens at night when they are turned into a breathtaking spectacle of illumination. The attraction hosts the famous light and music show that goes by the name of “Garden Rhapsody” and yes, it’s as good as the Bohemian Rhapsody. It offers you a magical evening of an exhibition of bright illumination layering the enormous supertrees dancing to the wacky sounds created by regional and well-known musicians. Every night, hundreds of people go to the Gardens by the Bay light show to be fascinated by the magnificent images it gives. It shows an astonishing fusion of technology and beauty.The show happens daily for a duration of 15 minutes twice a day allowing you to observe the magnificent views of the giant trees performing. The giant Supertree light show Singapore is purely an eco-friendly attraction employing solar energy to power the bright electrical lights that shine through the trees at night. These man-made trees provide shade for the public during the day and light, art, and music for the public at night.
It’s time to whirl with your friends at the Supertrees Grove Singapore Light Show. You can dance to the music by popular artists while the illumination takes you to a mythical enchanted forest.
While the spectacular Supertrees illuminate the night, listen to music from well-known musicals like Chicago, Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera, as well as local musicians' interpretations of classics like "I Dreamed a Dream" and "Don't Cry for Me Argentina."
With the use of traditional instruments like the Kompang, Flute, Sitar, and more, Songs of Singapore performs an indigenous version of Garden Rhapsody to celebrate Singapore's diversity. You can't overlook this fresh rendition of one of Singapore's most well-known melodies. It has stunning lighting designed to complement the live performances of well-known Singaporean musicians like Joanna Dong, Aisyah Aziz, Linying, and Rani Singam, among others.
STAR WARS Edition- Who doesn’t love Star Wars? The Gardens by the Bay Supertrees light show offers an enchanted night by the captivating Star Wars musical and the artistic lighting design set to the symphonic Star Wars soundtrack.
Spend a romantic evening surrounded by enchanted woods and the stars. While you swoon to the beautiful lighting at Opera in the Gardens, let the Supertrees transport you to the Romantic era, the heyday of opera music.
Explore the magical trees that lead you on a thrilling excursion that takes you to dive in a world of magical creatures and mythical creatures.
Become engrossed in a magnificent fusion of dancing Supertree lights and evocative sounds in the soft moonlight. The entire night takes you on an unforgettable voyage that is replete with tales of fantastic dreams and heartfelt impressions about the moon.
Immerse in the Garden Rhapsody that takes you back in the retro world of 1970 disco hall and be stunned by the Supertrees' display of multicolored disco lights and disco songs in a disco hall. This night leaves a nostalgic impression that you can never forget.
Listen to music that is enchanted by the fascinating realms of dinosaurs, enchantment, intergalactic space, and mysticism. Caitanya Tan, together with local musicians Benjamin and Narelle Kheng, present original tunes from movies like The Little Mermaid and Pinocchio in this whimsical rendition of Garden Rhapsody.
Enjoy a holiday treat like The Christmas Special to motivate you to embrace the season of giving. Enjoy this festive performance, which incorporates favorite Christmas tunes performed by local artists and Supertree lights whirling to the music.
1. OCBC Skywalk- From this elevated, special viewing location, you would be delighted to observe the light display up close. Please be informed that tickets must be purchased in order to enter the OCBC Skywalk.
2. Under the Supertree- For a unique experience, visit the Supertree Grove Singapore Light Show and lay on the floor below it. Watch the beauty unfold as the light show begins to transform the sky into a flash of light.
3. Supertree Grove- A spectacular sight can be seen from the Supertree Grove as you watch the trees transform into a sea of lights and noises.
The best time to visit the Gardens by the Bay Supertree Light Show is from December to June. During this time, weather remains dry and pleasant and the city experiences a fairly lower amount of humidity and rain.
Opening Hours: - Daily: 7:45pm & 8:45pm
It can be reached via two modes-
- Via MRT- Singapore is extensively connected by MRT trains, which are the quickest and most convenient means of transportation in the city. Use your MRT pass to travel to Bayfront Station. Then depart at Exit B for the quickest access to Gardens by the Bay (Supertree Grove is located there), which can be reached via the east underground link way.
Here are some important tips you must keep in mind before you plan your visit to Gardens by the Bay- The Gardens by the Bay Light Show price is zero. - To avoid the crowds and secure a good seat, get there at least 15-20 minutes before the event begins.- You must buy tickets to enter the OCBC Skywalk as the view from up here is incomparable.
- You can see special variations of the Garden Rhapsody around Christmas and other festive times.- During Earth Hour, which often takes place at the end of March, The Garden Rhapsody is closed.
What are the Gardens by the Bay light show timings?
The timings of the Gardens by the Bay Supertree Light Show is 7:45 pm and 8:45 pm every day.
What’s the duration of the Gardens by the Bay light show?
The light shows at the Gardens by the Bay last for 15 minutes at a time.
Must Checkout: Madame Tussauds Singapore Tickets
Where is the best place to watch Gardens by the Bay light show?
The Supertree Grove is the ideal location to watch Garden Rhapsody. Visitors may sit on the ground or lay on the floor under these trees to have the best view.
What else can be done during the light show in Gardens by the bay?
1. Garden Rhapsody's rhythmic melody to Groove on- You'll be inspired to follow the moves of lights and dance to the rhythm by the amazing acoustics of the garden, which feature music by both local and well-known Singapore musicians. Numerous special musical performances are held throughout the year, attracting thousands of people to the Supertree Grove.2. Take in some musical theater- This unique event, which takes place in the Supertree Grove from April 1–29, features songs from well-known musical interludes like The Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, I Dreamed a Dream, and Chicago. You can also take in the entire scene of Supertree lights synching to the rhythm of the song.3. Gain access to the fantasy realm- At the time of New Year Celebrations b etween December 31 and January 1st, the entire garden transforms into a fantastical entranceway. Visitors can enjoy the brilliant musical performances, driven by stories of interstellar, adventure, and even dinosaurs. There is also music from well-known films like Pinocchio and The Little Mermaid played here.4. Experience the spirit of the past- Retro Fever has gained immense popularity in recent times as a recognizable light show edition. The enchantment of the amazing light show will transport you to the 1970s as you groove to the rhythm of it. The Supertrees sparkle with the shades of the lights during popular pop tunes of the time.5. Enjoy a wonderful Christmas Eve here- Celebrate the magical Christmas Eve by exploring the Christmas light spectacular edition as the most eagerly anticipated event. The entire Supergrove is decorated for Christmas and at night, Christmas classic carols are played to celebrate this holiday. You can take pleasure in seeing the Supertrees' Christmas-themed lighting displays lift their spirits over the holiday season.